Available: July 6 2017 on Beta
Engine Version: Unity 3D 5.6.2f1
This build updates the underlying engine and brings the Vulkan rendering API back to Windows and Linux platforms.
Changes and Additions
- GameSparks implamentation in preperation for upcoming patches.
- Early Access Challenge and leader boards
- Early Access Challenges have been added to the following areas of the game
- Claim and asset
- Complete a currier mission in Alpha One
- Complete the Gentle Giant Tour Bus quest
- Edit an organization logo
- Visit the K72 Ice Fields
- Visit a planet by using the Warp To button in the galaxy map
- Flight camera and flight behaviour updated to correct for gimble lock
- Load order adjustment to speed up inital loading sequence.
Note the 'Continue' funciton which allowed players to launch the last used profile will temporarly be broken. This funcitonality will return in a later patch.
- Vulkan rendering API has been set as the prefered rendering API for Linux and Windows platform
Note that this API is available on most modern graphics cards. It is important that users with Vulkan support insure Graphics Drivers are up to date.
For users with Graphics Cards that do not support Vulkan the most recent Direct X or OpenGL option will be selected by the engine.
- The game does not offer the 'Continue' button on inital load
This is a known issue resulting from recent changes to load order and will return in a later patch
- Vulkan API redering artifacts on some Nvidia graphics cards (confirmed on 970 series cards) this can be corrected by updating your graphics drivers
- Rena contact tasks not working as expected.
Rena is currently being worked on and her tasks update for recent changes, she will be 'broken' for the 471 build but will be corrected prior to the next Main release.
- Ship Editor missing key funcitons
The ship editor is under construction and will not be fully funcitonal untill the next main relase.
- Vanguard button on the main menu does not respond.
This button is greyed out because it is disabled. The button will be activated once its underlying funcitonlity is completed and release. This will not occure until the start of the Vangaurd patch cycle.